Thursday, September 23, 2010

[written awhile ago]

Once upon a time, you made my heart melt; you gave me butterflies and made me think that anything and everything was possible with you by my side.



Once upon a time, I thought I would be the only girl to kiss you, the only girl to be apart of your world, the only one to know you in a way no one else did.

You and I met, and we were both so young. We barely knew ourselves, much less each other. We thought that love would be enough to make a go at real life love. We thought that because we said we were adults, meant that we were. Little did we know that being adults, being married, being 100% percent with that person for the rest of your life was something that was just that; being with one person for the rest of your life.

 
I realize now, that for some people being that person is not a possibility. I am okay with that part of you, because that is how it is. I know that people change, and that people are capable of change, but to change a person has to want to change.


There are times when I really need to just have a person to hold my hand, I have been going through so many things, and you are not there. I need to let go of the idea of you, the idea that we are going to some how go back in time, and wake up and you have done nothing to hurt me and I have done nothing to hurt you.

No comments:

Post a Comment